Most of this is the same as before, additions in italics
- What is your Minecraft Username?
- What is your Discord name, including numbers (e.g. john01dav#6953)?
- What is your current rank?
- What rank are you applying for?
- What is your time zone?
NA Central (US/Chicago)
- How long have you been playing on Modded Minecraft Club?
- How often and at what times (In US-EST) can you be on each day (please be detailed)?
MON-FRI roughly 9AM-5PM US-EST
- How long have you been playing Minecraft in-general?
- How long have you played Modded Minecraft?
On and off for ten years
- In what ways have you already helped the server?
Got GTNH to provide some savelag fixes, got warmroast results to GTNH devs, done some member approval and player assistance
- In what ways do you plan to help the server after you become a staff member and how will holding your requested rank help you do that?
Being admin will allow me to run warmroast and help with pack upgrades, etc, especially with GTNH and the migration from Thermos. I have 20+ years experience with Linux and administer servers for my company (on Linode, running Java/Confluence)
- Why do you want to become a moderator/admin?
Continue to get performance data for GTNH, MMCC GT is one of the larger/laggier servers out there behind the officials.
- Why do you play on Modded Minecraft Club rather than other servers?
Originally no whitelist, stay because it's a good group
- In what ways would you improve the server if you owned it?
Add https://www.netdata.cloud or similar, allowing admin/staff the ability to see server health over time (disk space, etc)
- Have you ever been a staff member before (on a different server)?
- If so, are you still a staff member? If not, why not? Please be detailed:
- Have you ever been banned? If so, please explain why in a detailed manner:
- Why should we choose you over other applicants or maintaining our present size?
As a current Staff I've already run into a number of issues that I could have resolved with Admin access (or at least helped diagnose)
- Please rate your English skills from 1-10, 1 being no English and 10 being a native speaker with perfect grammar:
- Do you speak any other languages? If so list them and rate them 1-10:
- What advice can you give to deal with people who have trouble acting maturely?
Let them know that what they're doing isn't appropriate (warn) and how they can get or ask for what they want maturely; if necessary mute and then ban according to the server rules.
- What would you do as a moderator or admin if a new player joins and spams the chat with suggestions to make the server better?
Let them describe them in-game and link to it in the staff channel, if it becomes disruptive to other players ask them to come to discord (start a thread in #feedback for them) or ask for a post on the forums
- What would you do as a moderator or admin if a player was griefed but they did not claim their build?
Restore items and let them know that it's harder to do if the claim isn't protected, make sure they know how to protect a claim.
- Would you respond differently if they claimed their build? If so, how?
Restore items and determine how the griefer got past the claim protection if possible; perhaps even updating the mod to cover a loophole, if not available make sure it's noted in the staff channel and check back later that it was resolved
- What would you do if a player joins the server for the first time and suddenly brags in chat about having many more items than they should have at that point in the game?
/invsee or equivalent and see if they've actually got more than they should, and then see if I can see anything in the logs indicating that they're abusing an exploit. This would be easiest on GT/IM as I know most of the current exploits from the dev list of same. Some could even be patched server-side. If the player is exploiting, try to determine if it is intentional or unintentional, and take action according to the rules. If it's a new exploit, report it upstream to the modpack devs where possible.
- Link to any previous staff applications you have made to this server:
- If you have made previous applications and any were denied, why were they denied? If the reason for denial was not included, then please attempt to figure it out:
- Link to any staff applications you have made to other servers:
- What is your username on each of the following websites (for any you are aware of, have an account on, and are willing to share)?
- Minecraft Forums
- FTB Forums
- GitHub https://github.com/bombcar
- Stack Exchange https://stackoverflow.com/users/3591230/bombcar
- GTNH Wiki: https://gtnh.miraheze.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Bombcar
- Do you have a phone, ipod, or tablet? We do not need a phone number, but we use two factor authentication for which a device that can run android or ios apps is necessary:
Yes, iPhone 8
- Are you willing to use a password manager for your Minecraft, Discord, and MMCC forums accounts? If you don't know what a password manager is finding that out is part of the application:
Yes, I have 1password
- Provide any additional information you would like to include:
I'm on a Mac and have 20+ years of Linux IT experience